CEO and Owner
Fatih Ozmen is CEO of Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), the global aerospace and national security leader based in Sparks, Nevada. As sole owners of SNC since 1994, Fatih and his wife, Eren Ozmen, who is SNC’s Chairwoman and President, are the driving force behind SNC’s remarkable journey from small high-tech startup to multi-billion dollar global leader in space, aviation, national security and defense.
Living a true American Dream story, Fatih came to the U.S. to earn his graduate degree in engineering, and soon got to work on behalf of SNC, as an engineering intern, designing simple and affordable solutions to complex challenges. His early work on Automatic Carrier Landing Systems is still evident in SNC’s current life-saving technology enabling pilots to see through hazardous conditions. In 1994, the Ozmens acquired SNC when the company had just 20 employees and grew it to become one of The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space.
Known as a creative thinker and problem solver, Fatih’s never-ending enthusiasm, broad knowledge, and technical expertise guides the dedication to quality and service that is the hallmark of the organization. From scientists and cybersecurity experts to software engineers and military leaders, the entire SNC team is committed to customer-centricity, surpassing the status quo, and entrepreneurial thinking.
SNC is best known publicly for its Dream Chaser® spacecraft, America’s Spaceplane®, which was selected by NASA to service the International Space Station. Fatih serves on the National Space Council’s Users Advisory Group to shape the future of space policy and support continued American leadership in space.
Through innovation, agility and best-of-breed, open architecture integrations, SNC is a trusted leader in solving the world’s toughest engineering challenges in an affordable way. For nearly 60 years, SNC technology has protected and saved countless lives with state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions. SNC has delivered more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including 14 missions to Mars.
Over the years, Eren and Fatih have received many prestigious awards and recognition for their achievements and impact. Under their leadership, SNC is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a US Best Managed Company. SNC is also recognized repeatedly as a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force. For their contributions to national security, Eren and Fatih were both honored with the BENS Eisenhower Award. Fatih and Eren were awarded honorary doctorates by their alma mater, the University of Nevada, Reno, and honored as Living Legends of Aviation. Fatih is also a recipient of the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
The Ozmens’ commitment to advancing American leadership in space, and technological innovation in the interest of U.S. national security, inspire future generations of entrepreneurs and fuel SNC’s consistent contribution as a premier employer in growing American jobs.
Awards & Distinctions
- National Space Council Users’ Advisory Group, selected by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence
- World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space, Fast Company
- 2020 US Best Managed Company, Aerospace & Defense by Deloitte Private and WSJ
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Inc.
- Popular Science’s “Best of What’s New in 2017,” featuring SNC’s Dream Chaser® spacecraft
- Tier 1 Superior Supplier for U.S. Air Force
- Aerospace Company of the Year
- Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year
- Living Legends of Aviation
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish Americans, TurkOfAmerica
- Distinguished Business of the Year
- Family Owned Business Award -- Nevada Business Magazine
- Honorary Doctorate of Science -- University of Nevada, Reno (2016)
- BENS Eisenhower Award for significant contributions to national security
- Reno-Tahoe’s Best Places to Work
- Denver’s Best Places to Work
- Florida’s Best Places to Work
Learn more about how we're bringing our results-focused mindset and culture of inquisitive innovation to the next frontier of technology.