Restrictions apply. For full contest rules, please see below.
Sierra Nevada Corporation
“I Saw the Dream Chaser” Selfie Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Sierra Nevada Corporation “I Saw the Dream Chaser” Selfie Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old ( “Entrant” or “You”) at the time of entry. Employees of Sierra Nevada Corporation and its subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) are not eligible to win any of the prizes in the Contest. Contest is void outside the USA and where prohibited. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Sierra Nevada Corporation (“SNC” or “Sponsor”), a Nevada corporation with a principal place of business at 444 Salomon Circle, Sparks, Nevada 89434, USA.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”), ends on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. MT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: Space Symposium participants must use the hashtag #SNCDreamChaser to post a selfie with the Dream Chaser® spacecraft on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. The selfie can be with the 10 foot model at SNC Booth No. 125 or with the Engineering Test Article at the Dream Chaser experience located at Summit Circle.
During the Contest Period, visit the SNC web page at https://www.sncorp.com/blog/i-saw-the-dream-chaser-selfie-contest/ (the “Page”). Follow the instructions on the Page to submit a completed entry (“Submission”). Sponsor reserves the right to verify all facts in Entrant’s Submission. One Submission per person. Failure to be able to validate the authenticity of Entrant’s Submission when requested may result in disqualification. Any social media accounts set to private may not allow Submission to be visible to SNC and therefore may not be eligible for contest entry. Submissions may not be altered, once submitted. Submissions will not be returned. No correspondence about Submissions will be answered.
- The Submission must be taken at the Space Symposium with either the 10 foot model of the Dream Chaser or the Engineering Test Article of the Dream Chaser
- The photo used for your Submission may only include individuals under the age of 13 if submitted by his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, other companies or their products, or any other person with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created.
- The Submission must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
Submissions generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void. If requested, Entrant must be able to provide such permissions of individuals included in photographs in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes Entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, adapt, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, broadcast, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, alone or in combination with other material on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, without further compensation to the Entrant or anyone else. If requested, Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Entrant is granting to use the Submission. All Submissions must be received by the end of the Contest Period. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for any changes or effects caused to Entrant’s computer system or smart phone as a result of submitting a Submission.
All Submissions that are uploaded and made available for viewing by the general public will be deemed posted at the direction of the Entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Each Entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized social medial account holder.
- Winner Determination: Winners will be determined from all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. A random drawing will be generated to determine the winners.
- Winner Requirements: The potential winner will be notified within 2 weeks of the end of the Contest Period through the social media platform that was used to post the Submission via private message on the social media platform. The potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release, which must be received by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. The potential winner will be required to provide a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for prize fulfillment purposes within the required timeframe stated in the notification, in order to claim their prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prizes must be awarded to a runner-up in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only two (2) alternate winners may be determined. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission, or other consideration. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey, and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the entire right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. The winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. The winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after the end of the Contest. ALL TAXES, IF ANY, ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- Grand Prize – Dream Chaser desktop model, t-shirt, lapel pin and a plush toy
- Runner Up – Dream Chaser plush toy and lapel pin
- Runner Up #2 – Dream Chaser t-shirt and lapel pin
No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a portion thereof) for an item of comparable or greater value, at is sole discretion, if any advertised prize becomes unavailable.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Sierra Nevada Corporation, their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submission received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors of by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnection in phone lines or network hardware of software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submission or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be resolved by informal negotiations. If informal negotiations are unsuccessful, disputes shall then be referred exclusively to arbitration conducted in Sparks, Nevada; (2) for any such litigation, the parties hereby waive their right to a jury trial; (3) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all right to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada.
- Winner List: For a winners list, look for Sponsor to post on Sponsor’s social networks.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. By participating, Entrant releases Facebook and Instagram and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. Any information Entrant submits online is to the Sponsor, not to Facebook or Instagram.