Ozmens’ SNC Marks 50th Moon Landing Anniversary in U.S. & Europe
Leadership and Employees Tip Hat to NASA and Space Innovators
SPARKS, Nev., July 16, 2019 – Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), the global aerospace and national security leader owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, is marking the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing at events across the country and in Europe, honoring the legacy of NASA missions in laying the groundwork for current and future space innovation.
“I vividly remember hearing about America’s achievement on the radio as an 11-year-old girl in Turkey,” said Eren Ozmen, who came to the U.S. to pursue higher education and the American dream before acquiring SNC 25 years ago with her husband, Fatih. “It showed me then as now that Americans can truly achieve the impossible, and it laid the groundwork for innovating and opening the space economy of the future.”
Among the ways SNC is commemorating the historic accomplishment:
- July 17: SNC kicks off season-long partnership with the Colorado Rockies, featuring a model of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, first pitch thrown out by former NASA space shuttle commander, astronaut and U.S. Air Force pilot Steve Lindsey, VP of SNC’s Space Exploration Systems, and SNC sponsorship of Smithsonian-donated replica of Neil Armstrong’s spacesuit at Coors Field;
- July 20: SNC Chairwoman, President & owner Eren Ozmen joins Vice President Mike Pence at National Space Council Apollo 11 celebration at Kennedy Space Center, FL;
- July 20: SNC CEO & owner Fatih Ozmen joins John Travolta at the 2019 Living Legends of Aviation Europe event in Salzburg, Austria, when LLOA debuts the “Dream Chaser” award to visionary leaders in aviation;
- Various: Apollopalooza celebration at Wings Over the Rockies museum in Denver, including careers focus by SNC VP of International Business Sita Sonty, and SNC’s Space Systems business area presentation on space activities;
- Ongoing: SNC sponsors tribute at Nevada Discovery Museum in Reno to Apollo 11 anniversary, with 10-foot Dream Chaser model, Astro Garden® system display, and virtual reality tour of SNC’s moon-orbiting Gateway concept.
About Dream Chaser Spacecraft
Owned by Eren and Fatih Ozmen and operated by SNC, the Dream Chaser spacecraft is a reusable, multi-mission space utility vehicle. It is capable of transportation services to and from low-Earth orbit and is the only commercial, lifting-body vehicle capable of a runway landing. The Dream Chaser Cargo System was selected by NASA to provide cargo delivery and disposal services to the International Space Station under the Commercial Resupply Services 2 (CRS-2) contract. All Dream Chaser CRS-2 cargo missions are planned to land at Kennedy Space Center’s Shuttle Landing Facility.
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, SNC is a trusted leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. SNC is recognized among the three most innovative U.S. companies in space, as a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest growing companies. SNC’s 55-year legacy of state-of-the art civil, military and commercial solutions includes delivering more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participation in more than 450 missions to space, including Mars.