Avionics Technician SR
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Colorado Springs, CO
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Performs inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replaces components, and corrects any malfunctions or deficiencies with and without power applied to aircraft
- Performs aircraft avionics maintenance in accordance with applicable technical data, SOPs and FAA/JAA regulations
- Accesses, removes and re-installs aircraft components including mechanical and electrical which obstruct the performance of assigned repair/replace tasks
- Assists with repairs on off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes
- Performs basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
- Performs troubleshooting of all avionics/mission systems(as applicable) installed on the aircraft
- Documents work performed
- Fabricates parts/wire harness and installs per engineering drawings and instructions
- Assists in troubleshooting off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks such as cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods and equipment
- Assists in updating and completion of work orders and operation details; assists with on-going maintenance tasks when avionics specific tasks are complete
- Analyzes and develops solutions to complex electronic problems
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
- Extensive worldwide travel may be required
Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Maintenance experience on DoD aircraft preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance required
- FCC License preferred
- FAA repair station experience is desired
- Experience on DoD/fixed wing turboprop and rotary wing aircraft is desired
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment;
- Knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job;
- Skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Active security clearance
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.