Full Stack Developer
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Herndon, VA
Sierra Nevada Corporation is utilizing cutting edge Full Stack, DevOps, and Cloud technologies to build scalable applications and frameworks for geospatial solutions in support of our Intelligence Community customers. Our solution allows agencies such as the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) to quickly respond to dynamic end-user requirements and deliver mission-critical capability to users all over the world.
*This position is based out of the NGA located in Springfield, VA*
For the right candidate, possibility to work out a part-time remote arrangement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Full Stack Developer that will help create innovative cloud solutions using Amazon Web Services and C2S customer environments. As a Full Stack Developer your goal will be to automate scheduling of jobs, develop scripts that monitor performance and report errors, develop strategies for automatic error recovery at the same time making sure that cloud resources are being optimally utilized. This position requires working with technical leads, data scientists and project managers in a Scrum based Agile environment.
- Create, configure, implement, document and maintain ingestion, enrichment and analytic pipelines using distributed big data platform
- Create, configure and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Extend base platform functionality by adding new ingestion sources
- Identify, evaluate and implement monitoring frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Extend base platform functionality by adding new ingestion and analytic sources
- Identify, evaluate and implement big data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Requires a BS in Software Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience designing, developing software and project definition
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Experience implementing and automating DevOps continuous integration and deployment pipelines and functions using Docker, Chef/Puppet, Jenkins, Git, CircleCI
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
- Good knowledge of AWS
- Experience working with cloud laaS environments using laaS platforms such as those provided by AWS, OpenStack, Rackspace, Google Cloud, Eucalyptus, and VMWare
- Ability to solve any ongoing issues with operating the cluster
- Python development experience
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Understanding of Big Data Technologies and the ecosystem viz, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience managing NoSQL databases, such as HBbase, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks with various messaging systems, such as AWS SQS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC