Program Manager III - Senior Advisor/Manager, Liquid Propulsion & Vehicle Systems
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
Job Description Summary SNC is currently seeking candidates to lead advanced space propulsion programs, especially our upper stage engine program. The successful candidate will have significant experience in liquid propellant engine flight programs and technical leadership including development, test and certification, production, and operations knowledge.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leader with experience in development of liquid propellant rocket engines and innovative propulsion technologies
- Experience with liquid rocket engine design, cycle and performance analysis, testing, development, and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple integrated product teams
- Ability to plan and lead internal developments for a fast paced development cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to remove barriers to develop creative strategic solutions and resolve programmatic concerns regarding on-time deliveries spanning across the entire range of the development life cycle.
- Proactive and strong program planning and execution driving internal activities and milestones to assure customer success.
- Significant risk management expertise with an ability to plan and execute mitigations; Knowledgeable in Risk Management and the application of Risk Management tools in program execution in the areas of technical, cost, and schedule
- Manage programs with full responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Effective communication/presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated and available customer relationship building and collaboration abilities to support solution developments with customers and develop teaming relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead diverse technical teams including customers, team members, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Demonstrated strong customer relationship building and collaboration abilities within the company, with supply chain, and with customers.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering or appropriate discipline
- 10 years’ or more years of experience in liquid propulsion.
- Hands-on engineering experience with liquid rocket systems from development through certification into production.
- PM required skills include but are not limited to: team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Previous Military experience is helpful; e.g., Knowledge of USAF, Navy, and Army organizations, priorities, programs, and goals.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain, a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. This can be added later as the SNC specific requirements independent of position.