Production Technician II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
- Security Clearance Required
If you are a seasoned tech professional looking to make an impact in a rewarding industry, join our team! As a Production Technician II, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of our production assembly operations tasks on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables while working from diagrams and drawings. You'll be responsible for disassembling, modifying, reworking, reassembling, and testing experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies. You'll make continuity checks and quality inspections on work in process and/or completed on the processing line.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Perform mechanical/electrical assembly from engineering drawings, assembly instructions, and other production documentation
- Experience with circuits and wiring assemblies and be able to follow detailed instructions accurately and consistently using a variety of tools and testing instruments
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, manuals, handbooks and technical specifications;
- Integrate components, drawers and harnesses in equipment enclosures or backpacks.
- Install and Integrate wiring, and termination in accordance with systems requirements.
- Perform simple tests such as continuity checks
- Inspect assembly work for self and other team members per appropriate standards
- Soldering to ANSI-J-STD-001
- Wiring and wire termination to IPC-620
- Knowledge of proper ESD controls
- Must have good hand eye coordination and be able to use a variety of standard tools including crimpers, soldering irons and hand tools
- Must be detail and quality oriented
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows and Office products
- Must be able to lift heavy assemblies (25 to 35 lbs or more) and work standing for multiple hours per day
- IPC certificate
- OSHA 10-Hour Training certification
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC