Space Vehicle Mechanical Systems Design Engineer
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
- Security Clearance Required
Do you enjoy designing and developing innovative solutions to solve tough problems? Join our team to deliver technological solutions in a rapid and agile production environment. Our Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll conceptualize and deliver complex mechanical structures and systems and your technical duties include the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience designing structures and mechanisms for space vehicles
- Practical Knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Experience performing design and the development of production drawings with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Experience with Catia, NX, or SOLIDWORKS CAD
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters.
- Experience working in multi‐disciplinary design and development teams.
- Ability to obtain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant aerospace experience.
- Mechanical system design experience (mechanisms, including actuating doors, gear trains, locking mechanism, etc.) highly desired
- PLM experience highly desired
- Understanding of Engineering Simulation such as Finite Element structural Analysis (FEA) and Thermal Analysis
- Knowledge of industry‐standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model‐based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC