Sr. Project Engineering Manager - Control Systems IPT Lead
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
- Security Clearance Required
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Sr. Project Engineer Manager, you will be using your skills and expertise to guide technical teams through project execution by leading our Control Systems Integrated Product Team (IPT). The Control Systems IPT Lead will be responsible for all aspects of design, development, production, integration, test, and verification of advanced satellite ground stations and communication system hardware and software, and integrating those systems with spacecraft flight systems to enable the mission.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Control Systems strategy and execution (cost, schedule, technical, quality).
- Technical supplier management of several mission partners in alignment with the SNC plan to deliver best value.
- Leading collaboration between SNC and Supplier/Partners to develop and nurture a highly competent and engaged team that delivers on commitments and embodies "best culture."
- Support to Mission and Systems Engineering Integration Team (M&SEI) for requirements development (e.g. communication and ground system performance and functional requirements, open architecture functional requirements, trade studies, IR&D investments, and make/buy decisions/recommendations) during concept refinement.
- Bachelors of Science degree in STEM or a related field of study and typically 14 years or more of relevant experience
- Experience with new start program, growing teams and people management.
- Ability to contribute while leading in an exciting, fast-paced development environment.
- Superb presentation skills with presentation experience to senior decision-making and technical audiences.
- Experience with satellite ground stations or UAV ground stations, and associated government communication architectures.
- Experience with Service Oriented Enterprise Architectures, Cloud Computing and Edge Node Computing Architectures.
- Experience with Open Architecture Standards (e.g. OMS/UCI) and a willingness to advocate for Open Architecture across the system of systems.
- Thorough understanding of requirements management, configuration management, interface management, risk management, system design, integration, and verification and validation.
An active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Master’s degree or higher in related field of study and 12 years or more of relevant experience.
- IPT Leadership, Project or Program Management experience across all phases of program lifecycle, especially development.
- Functional Management experience (people, processes and tools), including experience hiring, training and mentoring technical teams.
- Experience with supplier technical management and the ability to create and foster trusted relationships with suppliers and partners.
- Experience developing supplier statements of work (SOWs) and specifications.
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
- Familiarity with contemporary system modeling tools and languages.
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC