- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
- Security Clearance Required
SNC is seeking a Chief Engineer (CE) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is an engineering Director level position located in Centennial, CO. The CE will have dual-hat responsibility as the program lead for a $100M+ Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction (TMRR) contract and technical director for the National Security Space (NS2) Program. The NS2 program represents a unique strategic opportunity as a new start of a franchise program. A phase acquisition approach, competitive source selection, multi-level security environment, and expansion of a major SNC product line add to the complexity of this high visibility program. The NS2 CE will have accountability for down and in engineering program execution, including integrated performance, staffing, and baseline management of cost, schedule, technical performance and quality. The CE will also lead the program management office for the Technical Maturation and Risk Reduction contract, including interfacing with the customer and effectively coordinating and collaborating with SNC and Sierra Space leadership to ensure required staffing, processes and infrastructure are available to efficiently execute the contract. This role also includes accountability for investment planning (IRAD and capital) and reporting.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations – with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
This position reports directly to the Sr. Program Director. Strong team collaboration, effective communication and exemplar leadership characteristics are essential.
- An active TS/SCI clearance with SAP eligibility is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited university
- At least 10 years' experience in a Product Development Leadership role (IPT Lead, Chief Engineer, Engineering Director, Program Management)
- Demonstrated ability to create trusted relationships with customers
- MS Engineering
- Knowledge of Department Air Force customer, USAF and USSF
- Leadership experience with new start activities and effective change management
- IPT/PM/CE experience across all phases of program lifecycle
- Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions
- Demonstrated leadership on complex program consisting of engineering, business, contracts, law, supply chain, production and mission/quality assurance disciplines
This position requires current/active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC