Principal DevOps Engineer
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Plano, TX
- Security Clearance Required
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber. Learn more about MST
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a new laboratory for modernizing DoD software development practices? We are performing leading edge Dept. of Defense (DoD) initiatives for bringing commercial Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) techniques to new DoD Open Architecture environments. We are building a new network and guiding existing DoD developers and commercial players to contribute new technology to Electronic Warfare systems in a manner bringing new scale, manageability and cost effectiveness. You will be bringing existing know-how to new and growing environs advancing how DoD technology development is performed. This is an opportunity to learn and grow with a new team at SNC.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field with typically 14 or more years of relevant experience
• Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
• Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- DevOps: Continuous Integration, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Design, deploy, and manage GitLab Continuous Integration pipelines
- Deploy and configure development tooling using GitOps practices
- Automate software, OS, and container image security and quality scanning
- Managing and distributing Kubernetes secrets
- Manage a GitLab instance
- Manage software artifact and container image repositories
- Provision infrastructure using Terraform
- Harden Dockerfiles
- Secure a Kubernetes Cluster
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
- Automate the application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to Linux and Kubernetes
- Configure and troubleshoot Zero Trust networking using Kubernetes and Istio
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- This role includes creating written technical documentation.
- This role will be working in a team environment with key members in multiple locations, so the right ability and judgment to inform all 'just right' is a key to effectiveness
- DevOps Institute DevOps Foundation
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist
- CompTIA Security+
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC