Program Manager II
- Posted 24 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
We are seeking a Program Manager to lead and support programs, proposals, and research projects for the Advanced Development Group within Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Space Exploration System’s business unit.. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Program Manager, you will be using your skills and expertise to direct all phases of our programs from inception through completion. You'll be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of our programs and establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test. You'll coordinate the preparation of our proposals, business plans, budgets, and financial terms and conditions of contracts, act as the primary contact for program activities, and lead program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Prior experience in Program Management, Project Engineering, Financial Management, or other leadership experience in the aerospace industry.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Significant experience in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, formatting, data analysis, presentation)
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment
- PMP certification
- Satellite subsystem knowledge
- Experience with the following concepts
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Proposal experience
- This position is responsible for providing the planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of space mission programs, including satellite development. This position must monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with SNC’s Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT) and CPPM processes, through the complete program life cycle.
- This position may serve as Proposal Manager or key proposal team member for follow-on business or new business opportunities in related program areas. The Program Manager is responsible for completing the SNC proposal process to include supporting the successful winning strategy, developing all proposal materials for executive management approval, and ensuring compliance with technical, cost, and management requirements. The PM will participate in any resulting negotiations. Once a proposed effort is awarded, the PM will manage the effort throughout its life cycle.
- The Program Manager is responsible for identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion. The PM is responsible for ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC