Engineering Technician III - Solar (Contract)
- Posted 14 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
- Security Clearance Required
We are seeking an Engineering Technician with an Associate's degree in a related field of study and at least 4 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to directly support engineering teams in the design and creation of the most ground breaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Engineering Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. You'll be responsible for constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, testing, and maintaining our equipment, components, devices, or systems. You'll ensure our systems and components meet established specifications. The Engineering Technician at Sierra Nevada Corporation, Space Systems will work day to day on Space Flight Hardware throughout the plant. Programs may include electromechanical components for commercial and Department of Defense satellite systems, Planetary Exploration Systems such as the Mars 2020 Rover, International Space Station and the full system integration, test and launch operations of the SNC Dream Chaser Cargo System. Because of this fluid yet disciplined work environment, Engineering Technicians must have a high degree of both technical competency, written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable working in groups or independently in order to develop prototypes and collaborate with engineers, troubleshoot, document and put explicit plans into action on Space Flight assemblies, ground support equipment and test configurations. Engineering Technicians then must be able to analyze test results and data and provide sound recommendations to the engineering staff.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Associate's degree in a related field of study and at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited institution may substitute for direct experience.
- Knowledge of interface & design documentation such as functional block diagrams PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation experience
- Experience with IPC J-STD-001GS soldered electrical connections required. (may be substituted with NASA-STD-8739.3: Requirements for Soldered Electrical & Electronic Assemblies)
- Experience with NASA-STD-8739.4 (crimping, interconnecting cables, & harnesses) or IPC-J-STD-620
- Have experience working in an ESD sensitive environment
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings, diagrams, schematics and manuals
- Ability to work with standard laboratory test equipment, other measurement equipment, hand tools, and power tools
- Experience working with clients & some business development skills a plus
- Previous experience and/or certifications within the aerospace and defense industry
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCAD or other 3-D CAD software
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC