Sr Business Systems Analyst / Data Services (Contract)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
- Security Clearance Required
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for delivering quality products to customers by understanding end user needs, building business cases, developing business requirements, supporting technical design, product development, testing and deployment. The BSA will consult with SNC business and functional areas to determine technology requirements that support business goals and translate those requirements into actionable project plans.
As SNC's corporate team we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Requirements Gathering: Interviewing and gathering user requirements to translate into detailed documentation and project plans that meet deliverable deadlines.
- Team facilitation: Facilitate all work teams including internal Business and IT users, as well as third party contractors.
- Project Management: Interface with Business and IT users to scope projects, manage budgets, and oversee development cycle from inception to completion.
- Data Analysis: Understand business application data to ensure accuracy, quality and opportunities to integrate between the systems.
- QA Testing: Develop and document system test plans during project requirements phase, and subsequently conduct and/or facilitate unit, system and end user application testing.
- Technical background, previous development or other type of technical role
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field.
- 10+ years of related experience required.
- Previous technical experience (dev, SQL, app admin)
- User Story creation (acceptance criteria) Agile, Scrum Master,
- CRM, Dynamics
- Functional knowledge of system and technology alternatives
- Collaboration, negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrated strength in requirements analysis and use case development
- Ability to analyze business systems and/or business processes to identify user needs, document requirements, and address operation/process issues/improvements to accomplish business objectives
- Strong knowledge of project planning and execution
- Understanding of analysis and software development life cycle methodologies (business requirements documents, data flow diagrams, case tool analysis, work & process flow diagrams, Agile)
- Working knowledge of business process to be able to effectively drive solutions as experienced in large corporate environments
- Strong documentation, presentation and facilitation skills.
The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC