Principal Systems Engineer - Space Vehicle Team Lead
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
- Security Clearance Required
Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Space Vehicle Team Lead, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge space products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in aerospace system technology maturation, design, development, production, test, or sustainment.
- Demonstrated, successful performance leading the design and development of space systems.
- Experience with vehicle subsystem integrations and test to include mechanical, electrical, thermal, avionics, data handling, communications, and software.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedures.
- Experience in design for sustainability and design for manufacturing.
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters.
- Experience working in multi‐disciplinary design and development teams.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance with required.
- Masters of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 18 or more years of relevant aerospace experience.
- Past history of leading initial system baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternatives.
- Experience with integrating, testing and operating multiple payload and communication subsystems to meet mission requirements.
- Flight test, flight line, or mission operations experience.
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC