Product Assurance Engineering Intern (Summer 2021)
- Posted 14 Days Ago
- Part time
- Louisville, CO
Come start your career with some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the country. Get your hands on actual projects, and at the same time, prepare for a truly awesome career in aerospace and defense. This is not your parent’s internship program – you won’t be getting coffee and ordering lunch. Our Interns have the unique experience of getting both mentoring and coaching while working side by side with recognized industry experts on real-world assignments directly related to their field of study. Bring your knowledge and desire to learn, and we will provide the experience. Summer internships are typically 10-12 weeks starting in late May/early June and work an average of 40 hours a week. Depending on satisfactory completion of certain criteria during your internship, you may be considered for a full-time position upon graduation. As a Technical Intern, you'll ask questions, get involved, bring your ideas, be part of an actual project team, attend planning meetings, complete assignments as tasked by your team, absorb and learn from your team and apply that learning to projects assigned. You'll have the opportunity to learn fundamental business processes and procedures, build your technical foundation through practice and mentorship, and participate in an in-depth program built by our University Recruiting team, that includes cross-functional workshops and meeting with leadership to gain understanding of the business and SNC culture.
As SNC's corporate team we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- Must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in college or technical school, with at least 6 months until graduation after end of internship
- Preferred majors: Applied Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering
- Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong organization skills and work ethic; detail oriented
- Strong statistical, mathematical, and data analytics skills
- Intranet web site development for Corporate Product Assurance to serve as a central on-line repository for communication, reference, and team improvement project management between Corporate Quality & Business Areas
- Development of centralized Product Assurance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and interactive dashboards for Corporate and Business Areas, including definition, calculations, data evaluation, for end to end integrated Product Assurance.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC