Quality Assurance Specialist III
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Hagerstown, MD
- Security Clearance Required
SUMMARY: Core team member who participates in operations and engineering activities from proposal through product sell-off. The Quality Assurance Specialist is involved in the Change Control Board and the Material Review Board as a voting member. The Specialist is responsible for deriving quality requirements from contracts, applies Quality Codes to Purchase requests and conducts internal audits to ensure compliance through program execution.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- Contract review for quality requirements
- Review of product design and Manufacturing Work Instructions for appropriate inspection points
- Evaluate current processes, procedures, and instructions for efficiency and streamlining
- Conduct program, process and procedure audits of the quality management system
- Establishes in-process inspection points for items being produced Review and assign quality codes to purchase requisitions
- Work with program teams to analyze root cause and create MRB and Corrective Action Plans. Approve final MRB documentation.
- Perform drawing and specification review as member of Configuration Control Board
- Interfaces with customer and Government Quality Representatives on program quality issues including inspection schedules
- Interface with suppliers on program quality requirements and any discrepancies
- Attend and participate in program meetings and reviews
- In-process and Acceptance Test monitoring and surveillance
- Track FRACAS data and prepare FRACAS reports when required
- Responsible for illustrating quality trends, which may include statistical data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Knowledge and utilization of ISO 9001 and applicable Military Standards and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Strong computer skills are required with good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including MS Project
- Ability to read and interpret drawings (electrical & mechanical), parts lists, specifications, instructions, and test procedures
- Strong math skills including basic trigonometry
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to use advanced inspection tools
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC