Process Quality Internal Auditor III
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Hagerstown, MD
- Security Clearance Required
SUMMARY: The Quality Assurance Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting and augmenting internal audit activities of assigned SNC Operations, Engineering and Programs at various SNC locations and assist in providing oversight and continual improvement to SNC’s Enterprise QMS system. These internal auditing activities are used to assess and ensure quality assurance compliance, both internally and externally per the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 Quality Requirements.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- The Auditor is responsible for leading and conducting audits to insure that all management and employees throughout the Enterprise are in conformance to the company Quality Management System and high work standards to ensure that all activities meet or exceed all business goals, customer/industry/regulatory requirements and SNC process and procedures.
- Auditing & Compliance – Schedule and conduct internal quality assurance compliance and special process audits of all SNC locations assigned to him/her and participate in external (Registrar, Customer) audits when requested to ensure internal, customer, industry and/or regulatory requirements are being met. SNC’s Quality Assurance Internal Auditors will be cross trained to ensure that all special process work performed at any SNC facility is being performed properly (i.e.: Engineering design operations, airframe modifications, space systems production, etc). Auditor will be responsible for documenting and preparation of quality reporting, tracking of open audit findings, reviewing and approving of internal audit responses to ensure appropriate actions are taken to resolve quality deficiencies. Auditor will assist locations in the development of corrective and preventive action plans and conduct follow up audits when required.
- Communication – Establish clear communication within and between SNC’s network to ensure consistency in what is expected related to training and Product/Quality Assurance requirements.
- Customer Relations – When required assist in investigations of external and internal nonconformances and prepare investigation reports for management.
- Delegate / Support – Use effective delegation skills within work teams that support the overall business / operational and Product/Quality Assurance goals, i.e. aiding locations with QA processes to insure that they can maintain compliance after the audit is over. Establish and monitor project completion deadlines as necessary to meet our overall company goals, i.e. monitoring audit response information.
- Financial Accountability – Manage travel costs and continuous working with other department personnel to achieve an orderly approach to developing an audit schedule that divides areas of the country that achieves the best use our auditing personnel’s time.
- Problem Resolution – Pro-actively apply problem solving skills to a) clearly identify the problem; b) use data / facts to determine governing requirement for the investigation of root cause so that the locations can make the proper corrective action.
- Quality – Enforcement of SNC’s quality standards and requirements on all work that is performed. Enforce and help all levels of SNC employees recognize quality as a key element of customer satisfaction and meeting SNC’s business goals. Insist that everyone be expected to demonstrate the highest work ethics when performing job functions, in dealings with their fellow employees, supervisors or outside customers, auditors or regulatory bodies. Ensure that Product/Quality Assurance training has been given to all employees so that they fully understand what their role in quality is and how it pertains to them.
- Reporting Requirements – Send all Internal Audit reports to management as required per SNC’s Audit Procedures. Track and approve Internal Audit replies. Directly reports to Corporate Director of Product Assurance and Safety.
- Training – Aid in establishing SNC process needs and assist in developing SNC’s written processes and procedures necessary to ensure that all employees in work center and departments have the necessary training and instructions to perform their duties to meet SNC, customer, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and utilization of AS9100, ISO 9001 and other applicable Military and statutory Standards and Specifications.
- Strong computer skills are required with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions.
- Working in a Quality Management System in understanding, following and enforcing compliance as an Auditor. Aid and develop all work processes to ensure all employees meet or exceed customer, SNC, industry or regulatory requirements.
- Successfully completes all required training by the Corporate Director of Product Assurance and Safety that relate to the duties of this job. Acceptable Courses: Certified or nationally recognized Auditor Training Course, AAR Auditors Training Course, ASQ Quality Auditor Training course.
- Three to five years experience working with a Quality Management Program. These experiences should be gained in areas of Auditing and or Management Position.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC