Data Scientist, Sr.
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Herndon, VA
Data Scientists are revolutionizing the intelligence and defense community by providing insights and understanding of large data sets previously unachievable. At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), data scientists in collaboration with our software developers implement the latest in machine learning, artificial intelligence and data strategies to provide valuable insights to our customers. In this opportunity at SNC, as a Sr. Data Scientist you will perform data analysis & exploration of a Multi-INT data lake. You ‘ll work closely with our customer to understand their questions and needs, then utilize our solution and tools to find insights and provide valuable data to them. You will explore data from various sources, discover patterns, evolve algorithms and discovery techniques to provide value to our customers’ mission.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform analysis of datasets using commercial tools such as Databricks, Zeppelin and using python
- Develop algorithms to elicit desired understanding of data
- Provide recommendations on additional datasets to be incorporated into data lake to support mission
- Communication with customers to understand their needs, provide our findings and recommendations and provide overall status
- Lead projects to include planning, monitoring, status reporting, communication and delivery of items on time
- Create presentations and papers with results of data analysis.
- Train & mentor junior data scientists
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience with Big Data analysis programming techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of data science tools and concepts
- Experience with analytics, data mining, and problem solving
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant years of experience can substitute for education
- 10+ years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC