Engineering Technician Senior - Electronics (CONTRACT)
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Louisville, CO
We are seeking an Engineering Technician with an Associate's degree in a related field of study and at least 4 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to directly support engineering teams in the design and creation of the most ground breaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Engineering Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and/or optical areas. You'll be responsible for constructing, troubleshooting, calibrating, testing, and maintaining our equipment, components, devices, or systems. You'll ensure our systems and components meet established specifications.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ability to work with various test equipment including DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies and others
- Ability to assemble, understand and troubleshoot test set ups using standard documentation packages including assembly drawings and schematics
- Ability to work with electronics and understand electronic schematics
- Ability to set up and run engineering directed testing on a variety of different space flight hardware
- Ability to work with small delicate hardware under magnification
- Ability to work in an ESD sensitive environment
- Maintaining several required certifications
- Understands, plans and executes testing and troubleshooting activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions and specific customer requirements
- Completes parts lists, checks drawings, generates and processes engineering/document change requests, notices, and/or orders and other general engineer tasking with direction from Engineers
- Utilizes standard laboratory test equipment including: logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, voltmeters and other measurement equipment to perform engineering support functions
- Works with various levels of the system (from the board and component level, to the LRU, to the system level) to identify and resolve performance problems
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of interface and design documentation such as Functional block diagrams PCB design, layout, and fabrication documentation skills.
- Has experience in IPC J-STD-001GS Soldered Electrical Connections (may be substituted with NASA-STD- 8739.3 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies)
- Has experience in NASA-STD-8739.4 workmanship standard for crimping, interconnecting cables, harnesses or IPC-J-STD-620
- Has experience working in an ESD sensitive environment
- Expected to be able to perform system integration, checkout, and commissioning of power systems with little oversight
- Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited institution may substitute for direct experience.
- Previous experience and/or certifications within the aerospace and defense industry
- Experience dealing with clients and some business development skills a plus
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with AutoCAD or other 3-D CAD software
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC