Senior Project Engineer
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Hagerstown, MD
Are you looking to use your engineering capabilities, project management and collective skills in your next position? We could use your expertise on our team! We are innovators on a mission to unify, explore and inspire. As a Project Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to guide technical teams through project execution for our products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform complex engineering design evaluations, working to ensure our projects are completed within budget and scheduling constraints and taking action to resolve issues when they arise. Your technical duties include the development of project plans and oversight of the technical execution of the project throughout its lifecycle.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- Bachelor's of Science degree in a related field of study and typically 10 years or more of relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Understanding of requirements management, system design, integration
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Experience with leading a multi-disciplinary design and development team and communicating with program management and customers.
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management.
- Past history of leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternatives
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedures
- Professional Certification in Program Management International (PMI) and/or Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience or certification in INCOSE standards
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC