Senior Business Applications Developer (Contract)
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Rolling Meadows, IL
SUMMARY: This position requires designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise software applications in a .NET, Microsoft SharePoint, and SQL based environment. This position also prepares technical requirements documentation and reviews, and creates design documents for enterprise business application development projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for new development, functional enhancements and maintenance requests for Dynamic Web Applications, Lotus Domino & SQL based business solutions
- Works on basic to moderately complex projects with individual responsibility
- Receives technical coaching on business functions and moderately complex programming issues
- Works closely with more senior development staff when interfacing with IT groups and business units when tackling complex issues
- Responsible for designing and documenting technical requirements for business applications
- Works independently on assigned tasks to fulfill requested changes, enhancements and updates to existing applications
- Provides trouble shooting and diagnostic support for assigned applications in support of users and identified issues
- Provides remediation of identified issues for assigned applications
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Team Foundation Server
- SQL Development (insert/update, stored procedures, triggers) and Application Integration
- Web application development
- HTML, DHTML, CSS
- Strong sense of customer/solution ownership, and experience with SDLC methodologies including Agile/SCRUM
- Drive for excellence and a proven ability to successfully complete assigned duties on-time
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC