Systems Engineer III
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. In addition to developing the Dream Chaser Cargo System, our dynamic team is creating cutting edge propulsion engines, next generation life support systems, thermal control systems, and lunar oxygen extraction technologies. The Systems Engineer reports to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers to support execution of the program. The Systems Engineer is the primary technical interface to the customer. The Systems Engineer is responsible for decomposition and allocation of requirements, plus generation of specifications, control documents, plans and reports. The Systems Engineer supports programs from the early phases of program capture through integration and test. The Systems Engineer should have intimate knowledge of the product technology and a good working knowledge of the associated engineering disciplines.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Define and analyze system architectures, including the technical feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and sub-systems
May lead trade studies with significant input from other members of the program team
Interpret customer requirements and decompose them into sub-system and component requirements
Create sub-system and component specifications, interface control documents/drawings, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports or other documentation in support of aerospace flight hardware development activities
Manage requirements with the DOORS software package, including requirement traceability and verification/validation documentation
Track system level resources (e.g., power, mass, volume and crew time)
Coordinate the development of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems
Coordinate internal and external design reviews
Ensure that all work products adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Follow SNC policies, procedures and work instructions for all technical activities
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external), including Time Sheet completion and Performance Evaluations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- 6-10+ years of relevant working experience is required
- Either formal education/training or significant direct work experience in Systems Engineering is required
- Excellent communication skills are required
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC