Program Manager I
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
We are seeking a Program Manager with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 6 years of relevant experience to support the Aircraft Systems Development team. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Program Manager, you will be using your skills and expertise to direct all phases of our programs from inception through completion. You'll be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of our programs and establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. You'll coordinate the preparation of our proposals, business plans, budgets, and financial terms and conditions of contracts, act as the primary contact for program activities, and lead program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- BS/BA in related field (Engineering or other technical related, Business related, etc.)
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Six (6) years of relevant aerospace or defense industry experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively brief leadership on program status
- Leadership Skills with the ability to influence others
- Maintain customer relations and coordinate with customer to ensure all requirements are met in the products and services supplied
- Requires strong analytical skills & capability to meet schedules
- Experience in MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Ability to solve, successfully and independently, complex tasks
- Experience with the evaluation of request for proposal and/or quote. Experience with preparing, reviewing and submitting proposals and/or quotes.
- Advanced customer service skills; ability to remain calm under pressure and handle multiple priorities
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Working knowledge of Program Management Institute Program Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Managing projects requiring Earned Value Management
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC