- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Herndon, VA
SNC innovative Solutions (iS) is looking for a Project Engineer to lead custom development, test, and integration projects for our geospatial-intelligence (GEOINT) customers. In this role, the Project Engineer will be responsible for meeting all technical project objectives while maintaining schedule and cost limitations. The Project Engineer will engage with iS Information Technology (IT), software developers, and systems engineers on a daily basis and should have a fundamental understanding of those disciplines. The Project Engineer will interface directly with iS Government customers to define requirements and track progress using agile principals. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
- 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Fundamental knowledge of GEOINT sources, capabilities, workflows and products
- Functional understanding of cloud-based storage, processing, and infrastructure concepts
- Thorough understanding of requirements management, configuration management, interface management, risk management, system design, integration, and verification and validation.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience leading small projects with minimal supervision
- Engineering task management
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications including MS Project for scheduling, resourcing and tracking progress
- Familiar with development processes for systems, HW and SW, and design and build documentation required
- Experience assessing technical performance, schedule and financial risks, and coming up with risk mitigation plans
- Prior experience working for a Federal Contractor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance required
- Experience working with geospatial customers including NGA, AGC, USGS, or other DoD.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based storage, processing, and infrastructure
- Working knowledge of networking and systems engineering principles
- Practical knowledge of industry standard design principles, to include, but not limited to requirements management, Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Ability to administer baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of high impact trade studies and other measures
- Exposure to establishing and tracking key Technical Performance Measurements (TPM)
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.