RF Engineer III
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time
- Plano, TX
We are seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Radio Frequency Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 6 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an RF Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to develop our complex products and technologies related to wireless telecommunications by applying RF and mixed signal capabilities. You'll be responsible for RF front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design, frequency coordination, analog-to-digital conversion, cell site equipment layout, and circuit design. Your technical responsibilities include developing and executing our product testing and integration planning.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies, and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
SNC is seeking a talented RF Engineer to support the development of RF receiver and analysis systems used for ELINT and ESM applications. These systems monitor the RF spectrum, analyze signals of interest and perform direction-finding functions. We are currently developing a number of new products. This position is in our Plano Texas facility.
- Bachelor's degree in RF Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, equivalent related Engineering Discipline or Advance degree desired
- Experience with development of RF receiver and analysis systems used for and ESM applications
- 6+ years’ work experience in a RF engineering / engineering capacity
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use
- ELINT Experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
As a Lead Principal RF Engineer, you will:
- Develop our complex products and technologies by applying RF and mixed signal capabilities
- Responsible for RF front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design, frequency coordination, analog-to-digital conversion, and circuit design
- Developing and executing our product testing and integration planning
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures and customer requirements
- Develop proposal responses, estimate work effort and document basis of these estimates
- Interface with customers
- Travel to customers, co-contractors and various SNC locations to collaborate, attend Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), and support installation and testing of our Systems.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC