Aerospace Engineer Sr - (Contract)
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
We are seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related Engineering field and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Aerospace Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design influential and life-changing aircraft, space systems, components and more. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering difficult and complex flight mechanics, guidance and control, propulsion, robotics, simulation, aerodynamics or orbital mechanics component and system designs. You're technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the design and development of new products and processes.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
Aerospace engineers at SNC research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and support cutting edge products & services. These cover a very wide range from state of the art mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll be responsible for developing complex aerodynamic components, structures, and systems. Your technical responsibilities involve the design and development, analysis, and test of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related Engineering discipline and typically 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with computational methods calculating transonic aircraft aerodynamics
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design & development teams
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) assessing transonic and high lift aircraft aerodynamics
- Experience with Matlab, Solidworks, Catia or StarCCM
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Performs system-level static and dynamic modeling & simulation
- Exposure to aircraft stability principles and control system design and analysis
- Experience analyzing with aircraft performance and generating performance charts
- Exposure to aircraft experimental flight test, data reduction and data expansion
- Knowledge of industry standard aerospace principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, fundamentals of flight mechanics
- Past history of leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternatives
- Experience generating formal documentation of analysis and test results
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC