Production Technician II
- Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
We are seeking a Production Technician with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Production Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform a variety of our production assembly operations tasks on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables while working from diagrams and drawings. You'll be responsible for disassembling, modifying, reworking, reassembling, and testing experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies. You'll make continuity checks and quality inspections on work in process and/or completed on the processing line.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare, and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant production experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Solder Experience to IPC-J-Standard Specifications or equivalent.
- Ability to terminate various coaxial, MIL circular, and D-type connectors.
- Perform mechanical/electrical assembly from engineering drawings, assembly instructions, and other production documentation
- Have familiarity with circuits and wiring assemblies and be able to follow detailed instructions accurately and consistently using a variety of tools and testing instruments
- Ability to interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, manuals, handbooks and technical specifications;
- Integrate components, drawers and harnesses in equipment enclosures.
- Install and Integrate conduit and wiring, and termination IAW with systems requirements.
- Perform simple tests such as continuity checks
- Inspect assembly work for self and other team members per appropriate standards
- Wiring and wire termination to IPC-620
- Knowledge of proper ESD controls
- Attention to detail a must!
- Must obtain a Security Clearance
- Local Candidates Only
Basic Qualifications – Preferred (Nice to have)
- Circuit card assembly work with both surface mount and through-hole parts a plus
- Ability to work on small components under a microscope is a plus
- Military electronic assembly background
- IPC certificate or experience with assembly, soldering, and connectors
- OSHA 10-Hour Training certification
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must have good hand eye coordination and be able to use a variety of standard tools including crimpers, soldering irons and hand tools
- Must be detail and quality oriented
- Must be computer literate with experience in Windows and Office products
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC