Interior Modifications IPT Lead
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
As the Interior Modifications Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing all aspects of the design regarding the interior of the air vehicle, including structural modifications to accommodate the mission systems and associated pallets or loading/locking mechanisms and all interior panels and passenger provisions.
- Cross-functional collaboration with other groups to gather all inputs to define interfaces and ensure operability with the other mission systems.
- Planning and execution of all aircraft ground and flight test to demonstrate functionality.
- Working with your team to divide the work share between internal and external capability and generate Statements of Work (SOWs) to flow to potential sub-contractors. Once on contract, the lead shall ensure the sub-contractor has the information and communications necessary to complete their task in scope and on time. In addition, the IPT lead will monitor subcontractor progress to ensure program success.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 14 or more years of relevant experience
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Knowledge of:
- Aircraft interiors and the various considerations in order to modify and certify within FAA and military regulations.
- Interior and/or cargo compliance
- Requirement comprehension and derived requirement development for interiors
- DO-160/MIL-STD-810 Qualification testing procedures for equipment qualification
- FAA and/or military certification regulations for part 23/25 for fixed wing and/or part 27/29 for rotorcraft and MIL-HDBK-516C
- Experience applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Experience in Engineering Simulation such as Finite Element structural Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Thermal Analysis
- Knowledgeable of industry standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing and production processes
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC