Supplier Quality Manager II
- Posted 27 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
The Supplier Quality Manager reports to Quality Operations and is responsible for providing guidance and oversight to their Supplier Quality Engineering team. The Supplier Quality Manager leads an effort to improve overall supplier performance. They identify, analyze and address gaps preventing 100% supplier quality and delivery performance. This function works hand in hand with Procurement Specialists/Subcontracts Administrators, Procurement Analytics and Quality Assurance. Their team is integral to supplier qualification/improvement, supplier product quality, supplier audit, root cause analysis/8D effectiveness, supplier quality scorecard review and continuous improvement
- BS in engineering or a related technical field with 8+ years of demonstrated hands on Supplier Quality Engineering experience required.
- Expert proficiency in AS9100/ISO 9001
- Manufacturing and a Space background is an asset.
- Strong leadership, teaming and change management skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Proven ability to assess complex situations and arrive at creative solutions to ensure SNC’s suppliers meet cost, schedule and technical requirements required.
- Work collaboratively with peers, subordinates and suppliers to achieve success
- Ability to represent the company effectively is essential
- Requires comprehensive written, verbal and personal communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of SNC and supplier management
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
- ASQ certification preferred.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Knowledge reading defense related drawings and specifications preferred
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Define, develop, and effectively implement integrated, end-to-end processes and procedures that support the Supplier Quality Management function in alignment with internal customer and business partner processes that meet relevant industry standard and regulatory requirements
- Define, develop, implement, measure, analyze, monitor, and respond to Supplier Quality Management process effectiveness metrics
- Build and effectively lead a team of Supplier Quality Engineers, managing workload assignments and assessing staffing needs to support internal customers.
- Champion a pro-active supplier quality management methodology working in partnership with suppliers to define and successfully deliver overall improvements in Quality Systems
- Provide manufacturing guidance to suppliers. Work as the quality liaison between SNC and our suppliers on resolution of any quality, test or certification requirements. Provide guidance on product and component quality requirements
- Oversee the supplier certification/qualification program; Establish criteria and rating system for key suppliers, monitor strategic supplier performance and any respective supplier corrective actions plans.
- Drive issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing through identification and mitigation of vulnerabilities within the supplier’s manufacturing and quality systems. Ensure effectiveness of 8D that tackles root cause and eliminates reoccurrence
- Conduct audits of Supplier Quality Management system, quality capabilities, processes and facilities in accordance with ISO 9001 / AS9100 best practices.
- Rank and prioritize suppliers for development; develop suppliers to meet increasing quality and regulatory requirements/expectations
- Assist in developing new suppliers to meet strategic Business Area requirements
- Lead effective “boots on the ground" supplier recovery actions at supplier’s facility
- Effectively engage with and lead Business Reviews with Key suppliers and key company personnel to include ongoing evaluation of supplier capability, capacity, opportunity, and risk
- Conduct supplier engagements related to capability, capacity, opportunity and risk
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities within the supplier’s manufacturing and quality systems
- Perform technical evaluations in support of cost and price analysis
- Proactively identify supplier risk and develop mitigation plans. Communicate the technical/organizational health of suppliers to stakeholders
- Promote a professional, service-oriented procurement environment with full awareness of regulations concerning business ethics
- Ensure that Supplier Quality processes contribute to having purchased items and services meet cost, quality, schedule and technical requirements
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Delegation of Authority requirements
- Review Delegation of Authority thresholds as applicable to job position stated in the DOA Responsibilities Matrix
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.