IT Quality Assurance Engineer I (Contract)
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Full time
- Colorado Springs, CO
The IT Quality Assurance Engineer will work closely with functional and development teams to ensure enterprise applications meet customer expectations and integrate well with the rest of the SNC IT landscape. This position will be responsible for comprehensive testing of software applications that support the business. This position will document all issues found as part of the software application testing and will work with appropriate development resources to resolve them. This person will provide testing progress status and problem resolution status to management as required and should be able to identify and recommend improvements to current processes and procedures that will enhance and increase the efficiency of future software applications testing.
- Perform code reviews of automated tests and test scripts and refactoring of tests when necessary
- Review project requirements for new features/enhancements and provide input to and/or develop test plans associated with these projects
- Ability to manage testing of small, medium and/or large scale projects
- Testing of new or existing software applications released from third party vendors and/or internal development teams
- Execution of regression testing from automated and/or manual test cases against software applications as necessary
- Creation of performance tests to collect performance metrics and compare to existing performance baseline
- Creation of security tests to identify software application vulnerabilities and ensure software applications meet corporate security guidelines
- Ability to document and track all software defects opened up as part of QA process and work with development team towards root cause analysis and closure
- Production of test status reports and/or qualification reports to management team for projects under test
- Assist in the creation and review of product documentation in conjunction with technical writers
- Perform technical analysis and create documentation around software testing process improvements and implementation
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion and Training requirements
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent degree field with 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Software development or software test development experience
- Writing and maintaining test automation scripts
- Solid understanding of Quality Methodology and process creation in an IT environment
- Experience with the development of automated test scripts in various programming languages (C, C#, C++, Python, Perl, etc.) and oversee execution of test scripts against software applications
- Knowledge of automated and performance testing techniques and experience with common testing tools and defect tracking tools (Azure DevOps, CA Agile Central, Jira, Bugzilla, Quality Center, etc.).
- Previous experience working in an Agile and fast-paced development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix
- Understanding of business processes and flows and how they impact deliverables for software testing
- Knowledge of SQL and basic understanding of databases a plus
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.