Quality Assurance Inspector - (Contract)
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Full time
- Beavercreek, OH
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 5 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Quality Assurance Inspector, you will be using your skills and expertise to ensure that our incoming parts, in-process production, and shipped product fulfill all quality requirements. You'll be responsible to visually inspect our materials, parts, and products at different stages of production for structural flaws, internal defects, or missing welds and accept, reject, or request rework of defective or malfunctioning units or systems. You'll develop, apply, revise and maintain our quality standards for receiving, in-process and final inspection.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Quality Inspector is responsible for inspection of incoming, in process and final inspection of electronic assemblies and systems (including cables, circuit card and rack mounted assemblies) according to blueprint design and engineering instruction. Ability to read and interpret drawings (electrical & mechanical), parts lists, specifications, instructions, and test procedures. Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
A majority of the work will be performed in the setting with direction and oversight from Product Assurance Management. Experience with electronic assemblies is a must. The Quality Inspector will be relied upon to complete inspection on Manufacturing Orders, review parts lists, check drawings, and review engineering/documents.
Must also be able to:
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Initiate nonconformance reports (NC and NCMRs) as required
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
- Document information electronically in various databases and other internal programs.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 processes and requirements
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with electronic circuit board assemblies and chassis level assemblies and experience with IPC-610 or equivalent requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Strong computer skills are required with good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Ability to read and interpret drawings (electrical & mechanical), parts lists, specifications, instructions, and test procedures
- Familiar with working in a Department of Defense, military or military contractor environment strongly preferred
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance is required.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC