Quality Assurance Inspector Specialist
- Posted 14 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
SUMMARY: Performs inspection duties to insure that incoming parts, in-process production and shipped product fulfill all SNC quality requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Inspect and file/record incoming part history records.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Initiate non-conformance reports (NC and NCMRs) as required
- Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
- Perform product identification and trace-ability activities, as required.
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
- Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
- Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
- Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
- Trains collateral duty Inspectors
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
- Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures.
Aviation Inspection (includes any of the above plus the following):
- Read and accurately interpret Engineering Drawings for aircraft structural and electrical installations
- Perform detailed in-process and final inspections of aircraft electrical harness installations including evaluation of terminations
- Perform detailed in-process and final inspections of aircraft sheet metal and structural installations
- Assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and sub-assemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is accurately completed
- Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
- Review log books and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work cards
- Perform required inspection functions during all checks on routine work cards; perform buy-back inspections on major items or non-routine work items; sign off log book, deferred maintenance items upon completion of work Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions
- Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
- Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual
- Monitor all inspections record forms which are utilized in checks to ensure proper completion of all entries
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10-15 years of overall related experience required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment.
- 3-5 year’s experience in aviation (military or commercial industry)
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) License or equivalent certification (FCC Radio-Telephone Operator, etc) Required
- Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) preferred.
- As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
This position require the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.