Systems Integrator III
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Southern Pines, NC
We are seeking a Systems Integrator with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 6 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that in order to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Systems Integrator, you will be using your skills and expertise to analyze and integrate new system requirements using logical and systematic conversions of our product requirements into total systems solutions. You'll be responsible for evaluating difficult and complex system designs. Your technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the analysis of new system specifications, input/output processes, and hardware/software compatibility.
The SNC TRAX (Tactical Radio Application eXtension) Program Tactical Datalinks Field Systems Integrator (TDL SI) must have an advanced understanding of the fundamentals of tactical datalinks and how to integrate them into military operations. An advanced understanding of tactical air and ground communications and a basic understanding of networking operations is a must. Must be able to understand customer requirements, develop robust Tactical Datalinks hardware/software solutions in order to fully support the mission Tactical Datalink capability. Must be expert in Link-16, Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL), Mobile Adhoc NETworks, (MANET), TRAX, and various other protocols/military tactical data links. JICO rating is desired. Must be able to possess a DOD clearance specific to the contract, be able to obtain the applicable medical examinations for deployments and be willing to fly on military aircraft in support of operations around the globe.
- The TRAX Tactical Datalinks Field Systems Integrator is expected to be intimately familiar with all aspects of operation and employment of the equipment specified under the field service contract.
- Stateside travel is required up to 50% annually (Training, Exercise, and Integration support to end users).
- Expect OCONUS deployment to austere locations (hostile/ incentive pay in accordance with DoS rates) in intervals of 90 days deployed, with a minimum 90 days stateside (work continues as normal when stateside).
- Primary management office is located in Southern Pines, NC, remote work locations are negotiable on a case by case basis with 90 on/30 off deployment schedule to forward location with hazard, and hardship uplifts.
- Candidates hired for this position will be subject to a post offer, pre-hire, pre-deployment medical assessment.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC policies, procedures and compliance regulations (internal and external.
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel related activities such as Timesheet completion.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
Integrated Tactical Network experience highly desired
- Full understanding of military operations
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
· This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC