Associate Program Manager
- Posted 14 Days Ago
- Full time
- Folsom, CA
We are seeking an Associate Program Manager with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Associate Program Manager, you will be using your skills and expertise to direct all phases of our programs from inception through completion. You'll be responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of our programs and establish design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, and test. You'll coordinate the preparation of our proposals, business plans, budgets, and financial terms and conditions of contracts, act as the primary contact for program activities, and lead program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
Supporting the management in all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for assigned programs, in accordance with the approved SNC processes. Achieve and maintain contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for assigned programs/customers.
- Requires a BA/BS in related field.
- Interim Clearance required to start
- Basic knowledge of EVMS
- APMs shall possess extensive technical and/or financial knowledge of the program(s) assigned to them and be actively learning the program management discipline, as well as SNC program management philosophy, processes and tools.
- Required skills include but are not limited to: continuous learning, team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Should possess a financial acumen, with ability to manage cost and schedule; proven ability to deliver on time and with utmost quality.
- Required OJT/Development: APM's will be required to complete SNC's Program Management Certification program, as well as the SNC Bachelor's Supervisory Learning Path in first six months to year of role
- PMP certification
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance is required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible to coordinate the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and CPPM processes
- Support PM/PD in their role as Proposal Manager or key proposal team members for follow-on business and/or new business opportunities related to their respective program areas. The Proposal Manager is responsible for successfully completing the SNC proposal process to include developing the strategy for successfully completing the proposal, developing all proposal review data for executive management approval, and ensuring the technical, cost, and management requirements of the proposal are met.
- Support PM/PD as representative with the customer on their assigned program(s)
- Responsible to maintain close contact with the customer organization to ensure the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate internal and external customer representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises
- Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for their programs in concert with Contracts and the PM/Director of Programs
- Support the development and execution of the business area capture plan within their assigned area of responsibility, as requested
- Assist in identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion
- Assists in ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC