Aircraft Inspector Specialist (QA)
- Posted 14 Days Ago
- Full time
- Greenville, TX
We are seeking an Aircraft Inspector with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of FAA regulations and experience with aircraft airworthiness to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Aircraft Inspector, you will be using your skills and expertise to inspect our aircraft, aircraft systems, equipment, and parts to ensure airworthiness and conformance to the manufacturer's specifications and government regulations. You'll be responsible for identifying any breach of standards for airworthiness. Extensive worldwide travel required.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Minimum 2 years' experience on A-29 Aircraft preferred
- FAA Inspection Authorization
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC