Design Checker Sr
- Posted 12 Days Ago
- Full time
- Durham, NC
We are seeking a Design Checker and Configuration Analyst with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Design Checker, you will be using your skills and expertise to examine complex and detailed engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design. You'll be responsible to ensure drawing completeness, clarity, dimensional accuracy, and conformity to design/drafting standards and specifications. Your technical responsibilities include the generation of initial drawing releases, processing Engineering Change Orders (ECO), and resolving discrepancies.
At SNC’s Space Systems Group (SSG) we are not only the creator of the Dream Chaser® spacecraft, but also the designer and manufacturer of rocket engines and components, systems that sustain life in deep space, as well as systems and satellites that improve life here on Earth. The work of our Space Systems team not only supports the U.S. government (including NASA), but also commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about SSG
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Proficiency in CAD software (SolidWorks Preferred)
- Thorough understanding of ASME Y14 standards and ACMS Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software (WindChill Preferred).
- Basic knowledge of engineering principles and applications and/or manufacturing processes and capabilities
- Experience reviewing and analyzing engineering change data and coordinating changes with engineering, quality, and manufacturing.
- Experience evaluating changes to product design documentation to determine the effect on end product functionality and coordinating change requirements with stakeholders.
- Experience with Documentation Control Database systems and MRP
- Experience with AS 9100D:2016 & ISO 9001:2015
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.