Principal Systems Engineer
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering or a related Engineering field and at least 14 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design, plan, and develop new system requirements using logical and systematic conversions of our product requirements into total systems solutions. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering difficult and complex system designs. You're technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the design and development of new system specifications, input/output processes, and hardware/software compatability.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
What to look forward to:
As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to design, plan, and develop new system requirements using logical and systematic conversions of our product requirements into total systems solutions. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering difficult and complex system designs. You're technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting projects involves the design and development of new system specifications, input/output processes, and hardware/software compatibility.
- The Systems Engineer will be working directly with internal and external users to develop a systems architecture and design of an energy conversion device to include both software and hardware.
- Translate system level requirements into product architecture and component level design
- Develop system use cases and document system CONOPS/CONEMPs of the product to define all phases of system use and operation
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, operating environments analysis, and interface definition studies to meet system requirements
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk assessments
- Perform system level modeling to ensure the defined architecture can meet system requirements
- Define, document and track system level design, operating principles, and sub-system interface specifications
- Independently analyze and evaluate product efficacy by drawing upon technical education and experience pertaining to electrical circuitry, thermal, and mechanical designs (using drawings, schematics, and/or simulations)
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 14 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of systems integration and testing
- Strong analytical, planning, presentation and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Solid and documented record of accomplishments in the relevant field
- Experience providing technical support for the development, engineering, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems
- Expertise with electro mechanical components/systems, thermal management components/systems, power components/systems or nano/micro electronics
- Experience with developing CONOPS/CONEMPs on electrical power generation systems
- Demonstrated success as an engineering team member in the architecture, system level design, system modeling, integration and verification of a product used in industrial, military and/or commercial applications
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting product issues from a design and requirements perspective during verification and validation phases
- Background in leading development teams through the various stages of a product development lifecycle in an systems architect or systems engineering role
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams and build consensus among peers
- Prior experience in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.