Product Design Engineer
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
The Senior Scientist will play a lead role in the design and development of a nano/micron scale energy conversion device. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for defining, documenting, and communicating a design architecture that meets all requirement specifications in regards to performance, cost and schedule.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Independently develop component and system level design solutions of varying complexity using the appropriate combination of the following engineering work products: 3D models, functional models/diagrams, electrical diagrams, logic/timing diagrams, material models/specifications, detailed drawings, interface control drawings, software description documents and other appropriate engineering work products.
- Review and utilize requirements from various sources (stress, dynamics, systems, thermal, materials, electrical, manufacturing, fabrication, test etc.) to ensure that applicable requirements are utilized in detailed design of assigned products.
- Define and document operating principles/logic and sub-system interface specifications
- Define thermal/electrical component outlines, assembly schemes and fabrication schemes
- Communicate cross-functionally on design directions and requirements
- Plan and execute system, sub-system and component design trade studies on critical design elements
- Support the definition and execution of test programs for laboratory and prototype devices and systems
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution of design related issues during prototype validation and verification efforts
- Develop, review, and present programmatic information, including design, schedules, and risk identification
- Work in partnership with team leadership to ensure technical specifications meet product and market requirements
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field.
- 10+ years’ experience.
- Experience in design of micro/nano fabricated devices
- Design and engineering inclusive of mechanical systems, electrical systems, and/or thermal-fluid systems
- Experience in design, fabrication and testing prototypes
- Proficiency as an engineering team member in the architecture, system level design, integration and verification of a product used in industrial, military, and/or commercial applications
- Analyze and evaluate product efficacy and manufacturing feasibility by drawing upon any technical education and experience pertaining to electrical circuitry, thermal, and mechanical designs (using drawings, schematics, and/or simulations)
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team is essential, as are strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to efficiently manage project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, planning, presentation and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
- Background in designing products through all phases and lifecycles while assisting development teams through the various stages of the system and/or software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of processes, techniques and issues associated with solid state systems/components design, power components/systems design with electronics packaging
- Strong skills and experience in product development
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.