Manager IT Data Operations
- Posted 10 Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
SUMMARY: The Manager IT Data Management is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of robust, sustainable, and performant data platforms for the enterprise-wide data technologies. This position will collaborate with other IT teams, business partners and external entities, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective database technology solutions for all facets of the organization including applications, enterprise data warehouses, analytical systems, and data science.
- Oversee the design, development, maintenance and support of the data and technical architecture for database systems and the enterprise data warehouse and related analytic data sets including, but not limited to, architecture, data modeling, ETL/ELT and consumption
- Manage the data management team to implement, integrate, administrator, and enhance data and solutions and platforms within the organization while consistently achieving quality, system performance, cost, and on time delivery metrics.
- Provide recommendations on effective technologies and estimates for level of effort to implement data management solutions based on formal requirements as well as business expertise.
- Provide input on and implement strategy for data management practices and platforms to drive growth and business improvement
- Manage the Data Operations of Database Administrators and Data Warehouse Developers, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, mentoring and disciplinary actions
- Organize, determine, and accomplish department goals, set project deadlines, performance metrics, oversee regular department staff meetings, and maintain constant communication through daily huddles and regular feedback to the team
- Support IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and assisting in the allocation of resources
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures, including those for data, security, disaster recovery, performance, implementation and coding standards, and service provision
- Interacts with Enterprise and Data Architects to develop and adhere to standards for how information is stored, modeled, and tagged
- Understands the decision-making process, workflows, and business and data management needs of business unit heads and service manager/owners
- Monitors the performance and availability of production data platforms and prioritizes the resolution of production issues such as performance issues or errors in integrations, data quality, or availability.
- Set standards for, monitor, and improve KPIs for data availability and management such as performance and utilization.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience managing data operations, establishing scalable workflows/tools and setting quality acceptance criteria
- Experience in design and development of large and complex data warehouse systems or applications
- Experience with database and data visualization technology solutions
- Have a demonstrated understanding of data governance, master data management principles, and data and information management practices
- Proficient in traditional RDBMS with an emphasis on SQL Server
- Knowledge of cloud-based data architectures and platforms, experience migrating data architectures to the cloud while maintaining hybrid environments
- Proficiency with securing sensitive data at enterprise scale using best practices
- Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Knowledge of IT Service Management best practices such as ITIL
- Strong technical leadership and project management skills including the ability to manage, influence and develop technical personnel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and relate to non-technical users in user-friendly language.
- Keen interest in solving business problems and implementing well architected, scalable, and extensible solutions.
- Ability to work well with others, harness different skills and experience, and build a strong team
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment, and flexibility to quickly adapt to change
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.