HRIS Manager (Workday HCM)
- Posted 13 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of HR Operations, the HRIS Manager leads the HRIS team and is responsible for overall management, strategic roadmap design, communication, compliance, configuration, and administration of the Workday HCM system. Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) utilizes the Workday; Onboarding, HCM core, Benefits, Talent, Performance Management, Absence Management, and Advanced Compensation modules.
- Leading a team of 4 analysts, this position will coach, teach, guide, motivate, and inspire the team; set goals; assign projects; and ensure all deadlines are met
- Serving as SNC’s Workday technical expert, this role will engage with Workday Community, Rising, and user groups to ensure that SNC is getting the most out of current and future Workday capabilities
- The position is responsible for developing the strategic roadmap for HRIS initiatives by working with senior leadership and key stakeholders to support organizational strategic objectives, leveraging Workday functionality to ease administrative burden and build efficient, effective, and scalable processes
- The position is responsible for ensuring SNC is fully leveraging Workday to meet strategic business and talent needs and pursue continuous improvement in business processes, integration, automation, and user experience
- Partner with business teams to understand their needs and requirements, make recommendations for solutions, and roadmap and prioritize implementation to support SNC’s business objectives
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure configuration and integrations are efficient, compliant, and accurate
- Manage HRIS workload and continually prioritize projects to ensure we are working on the right project at any time
- Identify, establish, and track key metrics to monitor team effectiveness and Workday-utilization, identifying trends, root causes, and solutions to drive efficiency, scalability, and leverage for SNC
- Be able to effectively manage and lead remote worker(s).
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of experience managing projects and a portfolio of projects
- Strong aptitude to connect with business processes and quickly learn business operations in order to support and interact with business users
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in the areas of project planning, management, execution and monitoring of project risks
- Excellent administrative skills as demonstrated by experience with HRIS/ATS/LMS/Benefits and Payroll system administration
- Ideal candidate must be highly organized, and have excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Requires the ability to handle sensitive information, and to act with discretion and judgment while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrated high level of integrity with significant attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, and work under pressure in a deadline driven, rapidly changing organization
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance may be required.
Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
This position may requires the obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.