DevOps Software Engineer
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Englewood, CO
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering field and at least 10 years of related experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Software Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to assist in the analysis of our existing software and systems and the definition, design, and development of new software and system requirements. You'll provide creative and agile solutions to keep our business competitive. You'll be responsible for performing coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of our systems and software throughout our application development process and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
Come join us as we support the vision 21st Century Software initiatives! This position is a jack of all trades in supporting people process, and tools to enable programs in optimize delivery of software intensive systems. This Sierra Nevada IAS position is something that will appeal to you if you enjoy teaching/coaching DevOps, Continuous Integration/Delivery, design thinking, and lean start up. In addition, the position will support the adoption and growth of multiple level test automation practices as well as multiple technology initiatives. You will also provide support for new program start-up and program transition for people, process, and tools. Continuously evaluate how to integrate tools for our delivery tools box such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality. Lastly, you will identify standard methodologies to increase quality, reduce cycle time, reduce cost, increase visibility, and improve ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with one or more of the following software languages: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Minimum 3 years of design and implementation of continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Experience in CI/CD tools migration
- Have strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as project management and tracking, code management systems, build automation, code quality scanning tools, repositories, test automation, and automated pushes to a staging or production environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with little appreciable direction.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience with cloud deployments or hybrid solutions
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous delivery system may be a good summary
- Willingness to learn emerging technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Virtual Reality and Augmented reality
- Innovative and able to provide vision into the art of the possible to support program and customer needs
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance . U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC