Materials Specialist Lead
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Beavercreek, OH
We are seeking an experienced Materials Specialist with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 15 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Materials Specialist, you will be using your skills and expertise to receive, stock, issue, and transport our materials to ensure timely execution of our program milestones. Your technical responsibilities will include maintaining inventory accuracy utilizing Material Management Accounting Software. You'll develop and apply powerful analytical skills by creating and manipulating complex inventory and material reports.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Full responsibility for dock to stock.
- Establishes priorities to maintain production schedules to support program milestones and delivery requirements.
- Responsible for receiving, stock room, packaging, inventory control and Government property to ensure an efficient flow of materials.
- Responsible to work with planning to design a proper process flow for standard operational projects as well as engineering development.
- Creates and prepares weekly efficiency reports providing department status to materials management.
- Applies continuous process improvement principles to improve cycle-time, accuracy and overall efficiency in the materials area.
- Ensures adequate resources and equipment are available to support demands.
- Ensures adequate safety standards are met.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of material facilities to ensure appropriate tidiness and cleanliness.
- Creating and adherence to standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Responsible member of the operations team and shall provide input and direction on processes to support engineering development programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to represent materials function in project kick off discussions
Required - (Must Have)
- 3-5 years MRP transactional experience
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of Material flow within operations
- High level of computer literacy including the MS Office suite application software.
- Requires a broad knowledge of Materials Operations Management, organizational structure and personnel management
- Ability to communicate at all levels of management, articulating status, problem identification and corrective
- Must be proactive and anticipate problems affecting production throughput and efficiency.
- A leader through demonstration with a proven record of accomplishment at equivalent companies.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors, which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination, include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.