Cyber Security Analyst III
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Sparks, NV
The Cyber Security Analyst is responsible for cyber threat identification, evaluation, prioritization and remediation activities under the direction of the Cyber Security Manager. The Cyber Security Analyst continuously reviews existing and proposed changes to SNC systems, networks and software designs, and is responsible for analyzing logging and alerting data, identifying and escalating potential security events. The Cyber Security Analyst will partner with business users to support integration of cyber security protections into business operations, and will act as a key member of the incident response team.
- Requires a BS in related field *Relevant work experience as a Network Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, Systems Analyst/Administrator/Engineer, IT Analyst/Administrator, Software Engineer etc… may substitute for required education.
- 6+ years related experience required
- DoD 8570/8140 compliant: Security+, CASP, GCIH, CISSP and/or other equivalent certification (desired) Cisco, Microsoft, Linux, or other technical certifications a plus
- Experience in supporting Information Technology (IT) within a classified environment
- Experience with the following tools: Log management platforms (Splunk, ELK Stack, SumoLogic), Cloud computing technologies (AWS, Azure), Enterprise Vulnerability Management Platforms (Nessus, Nexpose, OpenVAS), Endpoint Security suites (McAfee ESM, Cylance, CrowdStrike Falcon Endpoint), Data Loss Prevention Software, and/or Security-focused data analytics platforms (desired)
- Knowledge of technical standards relating to systems security; experience administering UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems, experience with large-scale server systems, cloud architecture, system virtualization and other related peripherals
- Complete/thorough understanding of US Government Cybersecurity policies
- Ability to balance cybersecurity requirements with SNC’s mission, goals, and culture
- Strong communication skills, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects; ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
- High degree of attention to detail
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Review proposed new systems, networks and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues
- Provide a Cyber Security and Information Security (INFOSEC) partnership with the business to ensure proper implementation of protections toward current and future projects.
- Perform regular analysis of specified logging, intrusion detection, malware scanning reports and raw-outputs, escalating potential business threats and risks
- Collaborate with security and IT staff to define, improve, implement and maintain information security policies, strategies, and procedures
- Coordinate incident response and investigation activities with other IT teams as well as internal organizations in an efficient and professional manner.
- Participate in market reviews and product evaluation of tools to enhance SNC’s security posture against existing and emerging threats
- As directed, draft written guides and process reference materials to assist IT team members meet policy and procedural requirements
- Analyze and correlate incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy by using various data analytics techniques
- Create and Maintain Security Compliance documentation related to DFARS/NIST 800-171 standards: Security Plan, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Software/Hardware Inventory, Network diagrams, INFOSEC Policies and Procedures, Risk Assessment Report, Security Assessment Plan and Report; Contingency Plan, Incident Response Plan, and Configuration Management
- Lead System Security Engineering (SSE) and Cybersecurity/IA efforts by establishing or validating the system boundary in describing the IS, its functions, information types operating environments, and security requirements
- Capture and refine cybersecurity requirements and ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Employ best practices when implementing security requirements within systems including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques
- Conduct security control assessments; review the adequacy of the security controls and their ability to protect the system and its information; tailor the security controls to ensure compliance
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants.