Maintenance Janitor II
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
- Colorado Springs, CO
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Vacuuming and carpet extraction; maintains and repairs all motorized cleaning equipment.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
- Notify management concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Respond to departmental and personnel requests throughout responsible facilities
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Position my require frequent amounts of bending, walking, pushing and lifting
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma plus:
- Good communication skills; able to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Previous experience as a janitor.
- Familiar with safe use of tools and cleaning products.
- Must be able to complete scheduled, routine tasks quickly and efficiently without close supervision.
- Must be capable of climbing stairs, ladders, and working on a stationary ladder.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.