Associate Program Manager
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time
- Southern Pines, NC
We are seeking an Associate Program Manager with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
This is an internal Associate role that performs under the direction of the Program Manager / Program Director in performing the following: Supporting the management of all aspects of cost, schedule, and performance for assigned programs, in accordance with approved SNC processes. Achieving and maintaining contract execution, product delivery, and customer satisfaction, as well as support follow-on business development for their assigned programs/customers.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible to coordinate the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs.
- Monitor, update, and report on Program(s)/B&P/IR&D performance/status in accordance with the Capture Management and Planning (CMAP), Program Management and Planning/Tracking (PMAP/PMAT), and CPPM processes.
- Assist in identifying the staffing/resource needs for assigned and projected programs to ensure adequate staffing for successful program completion.
- Manage all material purchases and subcontractor requirements to ensure all programmatic resources are available to assist with execution.
- Support PM/PD in their role as Proposal Manager or key proposal team members for follow-on business and/or new business opportunities related to their respective program areas. The Proposal Manager is responsible for successfully completing the SNC proposal process to include developing the strategy for successfully completing the proposal, developing all proposal review data for executive management approval, and ensuring the technical, cost, and management requirements of the proposal are met.
- Support Program Manager and Program Director as representative with the customer on their assigned program(s).
- Ensure a continuous line of communication is kept open with the appropriate internal and external customer representatives to maintain a high level of program status awareness, provide timely recognition and resolution of problems, identify follow-on business opportunities, and prevent surprises.
- Participate in contract strategy, development, review and negotiations for their programs in concert with Contracts and the PM/Director of Programs.
- Support the development and execution of the business area capture plan within their assigned area of responsibility, as requested.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- PMP certification
- Related experience as a Control Account Manager, Project Manager, and/or Program Manager.
- Finance major/MBA
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC