Technical Writer II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Centennial, CO
Job Profile Summary We are seeking a Technical Writer with a Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to review and proofread technical publications and manuals to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies—those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Technical Writer, you will be using your skills and expertise to work with subject matter experts, to obtain a general understanding of a variety of systems necessary to meet the documentation requirements for our programs. You will be responsible for reviewing operations/maintenance manuals, supplements, and related documentation and submitting it for release/approvals using our configuration management software.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- High Attention to Detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Advanced Microsoft Word expertise
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience writing operations and/or maintenance technical manuals.
- Professional experience in DOD contracting or similarly regulated industry
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC