Supplier Management Specialist II
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Madison, WI
Supplier Management Specialist can reports to the Sr Program Supplier Manager. The Supplier Management Specialist II is responsible for cost, schedule, technical and risk performance of a key set of assigned suppliers as well as the subcontracts, agreements and orders for those assigned suppliers. The SMS II will ensure timely and accurate completion of all cost, schedule, technical, legal and contractual efforts defined in the agreements between each assigned supplier and SNC and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. The SMS II also ensures his or her team develops and maintains in a timely manner all applicable contractual documentation in compliance with any affiliated companies being serviced under a Service Level Agreement (SLA), including processes as required to support European Aviation Safety Agency certified aircraft and best industry practices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a matrixed supplier management team in managing and facilitating assigned supplier’s program execution and identifying, mitigating and resolving risks/issues as well as facilitating supplier performance in a supplier management team environment.
- Leading assigned supplier portion of program execution with special focus on maximizing profit generation, costs savings, sales goal achievement and new business wins where suppliers are critical probability of a win.
- Partnering with the Program Office, Engineering, Operations and Business Management in developing/establishing target prices & schedules for assigned suppliers and then executing within that plan. Within constructs of the execution plan, lead a matrixed team in managing and facilitating all relevant supplier’s program execution and identifying, mitigating and resolving risks/issues to ensure all work products meet cost, schedule and technical requirements.
- Leading a matrixed team in providing proposal support to SNC and affiliated company proposal teams to ensure assigned supplier inputs and supplier proposals line up with objectives of SNC and affiliates’ proposals to the customers.
- Leading a matrixed team in development, maintenance and updates of supplier requirements including subcontract structure, specifications, interface control documents, software requirement documents, test plans/procedures, quality requirements, Statements of Work (SOWs), terms and conditions, payment terms, milestone payment plans, data and hardware deliverable requirements, and project/deliverable schedules.
- Managing, storing and evaluating all data deliverables for compliance/completeness and facilitating the approval of these data deliverables in coordination with operations, engineering, quality and the program office
- Analyzing critical cost, technical and schedule aspects of proposals paying special attention to price and any exceptions to terms, the SOW, the Spec or any other key requirements: then establish negotiation targets with PM and engineering teams with prioritized list of cost, schedule and technical requirements to trade to meet targets.
- Leading a matrixed team in evaluating supplier performance regularly using methods such as site visits, program reviews, various objective performance measurements, milestone achievement criteria, project schedule tracking, earned value tracking, risk burn down tracking, specification/SOW TBD/TBR tracking and other methods as needed.
- Facilitating the accurate reporting of performance metrics.
- Placing, administering, issuing change orders and closing out subcontracts in addition to supporting audits.
- Respond with solutions to changing needs of operations, engineering and business management within the program plan and to negotiate adjustments in supplier plans and delivery dates to ensure suppliers do not negatively impact operations build plans, engineering development plans and key business management financial objectives.
- Driving forward best possible supplier outcomes from operations and quality management led Failure Review Boards and vendor returns
- Ensuring compliance with applicable affiliated company policies/procedures/processes/instructions being serviced under an SLA as well as any SNC specific policies/procedures/instructions required for employment and company performance
- Applying expertise/analysis/negotiation in FFP, T&M, IDIQ, BOA, multi-year pricing agreements, strategic agreements and other agreement proposal types.
- Analyze and assist in any invoice discrepancies, accounts payable issues or company cash flow challenges associated with supplier payments.
- Ensure team maintains accurate subcontract files and accurate data is maintained in ERP/MRP system of record
- Other duties as assigned.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties of a position
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College
- 5+ years’ experience in efforts similar to those outlined above including program management, engineering management, operations management, technical management, project management, subcontracts and/or contracts management, supply chain management & business management
- MBA or technical/business related master’s degree combined with technical or operations related undergraduate degree
- 7+ yrs of supply chain/operations/engineering focused program/project management in high tech product markets
- Experience working in aircraft, aerospace, electronics, software and/or other high tech industries
- Experience in multiple phases of product cycle to include prototyping, development, qualification, certification, LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production), FRP (Full Rate Production) and Sustainment
- Experience in Design to Target Cost product development programs
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity Management, EVMS, Material Sale Forecasts, ERP/MRP, Gate Reviews
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.