Electrical Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Part time
- Sparks, NV
SUMMARY: Interns will work with a designated mentor or team to gain a thorough understanding of the career field of interest to include theory and practical application of obtained knowledge. The intern will benefit from mentoring, coaching and side-by-side work with knowledgeable and experienced experts in the field. The objective is real, hands-on work assignments related to intern’s major, providing them with skills vitally important in today’s business environment. Those interested in employment following an internship will be considered based on current openings, performance during internship, and proximity to graduation.
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies, and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Help to deliver superior results to our clients while working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Establishes learning objectives with mentor/supervisor
- Utilize LabVIEW and TestStand software to develop new automated tests for previously manual procedures
- Occasionally takes on special projects as assigned by the mentor/supervisor Establishes fundamental business/technical foundation through practice of internal processes and procedures
- Job shadows at all levels in the field
- Performs administrative functions as needed
- Organize and maintain a lab parts database as well as the parts themselves.
- Enrolled in Bachelor's degree or Master's in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline
- Technical skills complimentary to the field of interest
- Strong skills in Word, Excel and Visio; Access is a plus
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Presentation skills using Powerpoint helpful
- Strong organization skills
- Detail oriented
Nice to Haves:
- RF Design Experience
- Proficient with LabVIEW
- Experienced with OrCAD Capture\PCB Editor
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC