Accounting Clerk (Part Time)
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- Part time
- Sparks, NV
We are seeking a current University of Nevada - Reno student to work part-time within the accounting department as an Accounting Clerk. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to assist higher-level accountants in a variety of accounting assignments in order to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Accounting Clerk, you will be using your skills and expertise to perform accounting tasks in general or specialized accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. You'll be responsible for the preparation, analysis, review, verification, and reconciliation of our accounting records, financial reports and statements, and establishing and maintaining accurate, detailed financial records. You'll investigate questionable data and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- A UNR student pursuing a degree in accounting who has taken or is in the process of taking intermediate level accounting classes.
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with MS Office products: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Accounting experience a plus
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC